Sativa cannabis strains have narrow thin leaves that are lighter in color. The plant tends to grow much taller than indica’s and is loosely branched. Some plants can grow as high as 25 feet while the average is about 12 feet tall.
The longer flowering cycle makes it better suited for warmer climates with a longer season. Sativa’s take much longer to grow, mature, and require more light. These plants are often grown outdoors.
Named by Carl Linnaeus a Swedish botanist who formalized the modern system of naming organisms.
General High Effects of the Sativa Strain
Sativa’s usually have lower CBD and higher THC counts:
- Uplifting cerebral effects
- Uplifting and energetic
- Cerebral, spacey or hallucinogenic
- Thought to induce energizing effects
- Treats chronic pain
- Increases focus and creativity
- Best for day time use
- Pair well with physical activity, social gatherings, and creative projects.
* Some find that certain sativa strains actually increase their anxiety. It’s important to test out a new strain and see how you react to it before committing to it.